07 April 2012

Major shopping spree

Somewhat of a rambling post ahead, due to lots of excitement.  Sorry.

Ignore the bad phone quality of these pictures.  I didn't feel like finding my camera in my bag.  But we went to a different Walmart today.  Usually we stick to a certain two, but we were over near my mom's school today and decided to stop by the one there.  They were so much better stocked than my usual one. The first thing I saw upon entering the aisle was this Raquelle doll.  


I do not know where I have been, but I haven't seen these more recent Fashionistas.  None of my Walmarts or Targets have them.  After I grabbed her, I saw two new Barbies and a new Summer.  I wasn't too fond of their outfits at this point (looking back I like them a bit more), but I thought Raquelle's was interesting and I've wanted a Raquelle that wasn't for OOAK, so I kept her.  They didn't have Teresa, Nikki, or the guys which is a shame because from the picture on the back of the box I think I might like them.  But yeah.  Here are some shots because I was ridiculously excited to see different dolls than are at my usual places.





So here is Raquelle at home out of her box.  I'm not sure how I feel about the sleeve, but other than that I really think I like the dress.




I am obsessed with these shoes.  I have a pair in real life that look so much like them, so I was elated.

While at Walmart, I also spotted a great deal of the S.I.S. dolls.  As they have relatively few at my other Walmarts and Targets, I was thrilled.  I picked up the Trichelle I'd been wanting.  I wasn't planning on rebodying her tonight, but then I ended up in the clearance section.  There was this Liv doll I'd been looking at online whose dress and shoes I really wanted--and you never know when another articulated body will come in handy.  Well, they had her for $9 here, rather than the $12 or $13 I was going to pay.  So Trichelle came home and got a new body.



The past two days haven't been my best and my mom thought she'd give me an early Easter present to cheer me up.  I honestly had no clue what it was going to be.  I kind of flipped out when I saw it was the Ken Mini Cooper.  I've been wanting it forever but haven't wanted to splurge on it.  (I know.  Flawed logic when I've spent who knows how much this weekend alone on dolls.)  I was so excited!!! Initially my plans for the car had been to give it to Skipper.  But Brie took one look at it and snatched it up.  So we'll just let her have it.








I still don't know who the Trichelle and Raquelle dolls are yet.  The Raquelle might be Averie's sister.  Averie is my current Raquelle who's in the process of being rerooted--which was put on hold because of my Capstone but will resume shortly.  But I will definitely profile these new girls as soon as I figure them out.

I kind of felt bad for spending all this money on dolls over the past few days, but at the same time they've managed to cheer me up immensely, so...I think it's okay.  I just have to try to keep myself on a stricter budget for the future.  (There might be one more doll on the way before that happens though.)

8 comments:

  1. Great buys! I haven't seen the newest fashonistas yet, but they look cute! Also, congrats on the Mini-Coop! I have been wanting one for a whie sooo bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so excited to see them, as I hadn't yet. And the Mini-Cooper is beautiful. You should definitely get one if you have the chance! :)

      Delete
  2. You scored really good and how can you not treat yourself to some dolls? Look at it this way, it was meant for you to have them all! Congrats on the mini coup. I haven't gotten it yet but I will next week.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I don't think I would have found them if they weren't supposed to come home with me. :)
      Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: Raquelle now is still one of my favorite dolls. These new fashionistas not yet reached Spain. I had not seen before. Thank you for teaching them. The car I have it on my list of future purchases. Photo of Bree in the car is very nice. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen any of them before either, so maybe they'll be released in Spain soon!

      Delete
  4. Great buys! Those are the newest fashionistas. I haven't even seen those yet. I am anxious to see them in person. They look really nice. Congrats on the mini Cooper. It's definitely a must have. Don't feel bad about spending the money. You would have spent it on something else that may not have brought you as much joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had yet to see them at any of my other stores, so I guess they're still working on distribution. Hopefully they'll have them in more stores soon. I want to get a good look at the ones who weren't there.

      Delete