10 September 2012

Little projects and some new faces

About a month and a half ago, my mom and I decided to redo the attic.  (We've basically spent the last year painting various parts of the house, so it was about time.)  I have the whole attic to myself, but I wasn't utilizing all of the space.  I have two rooms and quite a bit of space around the stairs.


The door on the right of this picture leads into the room where I keep most of my doll things.  To the left (not pictured) is my bedroom.  On the opposite side where I'm taking this photo from is now my little office area.  Prior to redecorating, my desk and my shelves with my CDs & DVDs were in the same room as the dolls.  But I moved them out so that my dolls could basically take over more space in the doll room.  So I've spent the past few weeks trying to be good and organize it...which is taking much longer than I've expected and isn't nearly as fun as just playing.  But I digress.

I am completely obsessed with Disney...like to the point where it's probably unhealthy.  But anyway, my princesses finally have the perfect place to be displayed.

The fact that her hair is ridiculously long makes me happy.

Honestly wish I could get her to sit like a lady, but I'll find a stand soon enough.




On Saturday, my Katniss doll finally arrived in the mail and I'm absolutely in love with her.  I mean, I knew I would be.  But...she's just so beautiful in person.  This one is for display only.  When I finally start making money again, I intend to get a second to make a character.



And finally, the girls and I tried to have a little photoshoot today...which had mixed results.  Summer is literally the clumsiest doll I own.  She is always falling over...even when she's not trying to stand.  So it definitely makes group shots a blast when she takes everyone else down with her.  She even crashed her head pretty hard today during one of her falls.  As a result, we only got through two setups before I needed to take a break.  I figure I'll finish the photoshoot later on.


Apparently by the time everyone got situated Audrey got tired of her shoes and kicked them off.  Go figure.




Pretty sure Audrey was thrilled she was already on the ground by the time this picture was finished.  I know Holly must be cringing somewhere muttering about Summer being one of her clients and embarrassing her.

Anyway, hopefully more soon.  The walls and floor used in this shoot are soon to be made into the living room of Summer, Skipper, Mitchie, and Averie's house...which has been in the works for a really long time.  I feel like I've finally accomplished something today.

24 comments:

  1. Lucky! I have to cram everything into my teeny tiny bedroom. I'm waiting for my Katniss doll, but I'm glad to see yours already came!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I honestly cannot imagine what I would do without the space. My bedroom would never be presentable! I hope yours comes soon!

      Delete
  2. Great photos! Looks like your gals had fun in the photo shoot lol. Congrats on your Katniss:) I'm waiting for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun and I'm definitely pleased with the result. You are going to love your Katniss when she comes.

      Delete
  3. You have such a nice home, just dreamy! Thank you for posting Katniss. She really is pretty, even prettier than in the promos, but I'm telling myself that I don't want her. It's working for now. Group shots are tricky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really enjoy it even more now! She is lovely in person. Sadly, this is why I want another one, so it's probably good that you're holding out. LOL And yes, group shots are VERY tricky. :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting the attic done and your Katniss doll. I love her, too. The photoshoot turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm really pleased with how the photoshoot turned out.

      Delete
  5. LOVE the new setup... and I hear ya, I love Disney too... I NEED to get a Merida doll!!!!!

    I really love Rapunzel's hair flowing down over the side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was lucky enough to get that Merida and the one in formalwear for my birthday, one from each parent (the other is displayed in my bedroom with my extra Belle). I love them both to pieces. Hopefully you can get her soon because she's wonderful!

      I thought Rapunzel deserved to be somewhere where her hair could actually be displayed in all its glory. :)

      Delete
  6. Love the photoshoot and it's great that you have a nice space to yourself. You know, those Katniss dolls don't all seem to have the same face. I could swear yours looks different than some of the ones I've seen on Flickr. She is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am definitely blessed to have the space that I do. And yeah, I've noticed that some of them look different.

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: congratulations on the attic. It's a wonderful place. I also love your new doll Katniss. The pictures are very nice., Keep in touch ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your making me miss my mother attic. That's where most of my dollie stuff is at. I know what you mean Verona, I have to do the same thing! Your lucky to have a great space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely lucky to have the space and very thankful that I'm able to use it like this.

      Delete
  9. Hi Katniss is pretty,congrats dear!!!

    You have done a great job by shifting your dolls to the room in the attic,arranging and rearranging our dolls and their stuff is such a boring thing,I always avoid to do it lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes it is--which is why it's taking me so long to actually finish! LOL

      Delete
    2. Hi Allura,how much r u done finally? :)

      Delete
    3. Mostly, I'm still trying to move things around to give me more space and also just to make it look neater. But I've pretty much gotten clothes and accessories organized which helps. :)

      Delete
  10. Great post Alura :) Cool blog,feeling good to be ur 32nd follower! It will be awesome if you can follow me back at:http://aggirlforever.blogspot.in/

    Asmita <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & thanks for checking out my blog! Following you as well now. :)

      Delete
  11. Love all the pictures! We'd love it if you checked out (and maybe followed?) our blog, The Spicys!
    http://the-spicys-doll-blog.blogspot.com/
    Thanks so much, hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will gladly check out your blog. :)

      Delete