12 October 2012

Look who's here!


I have been absolutely dying to just see the articulated Skipper in person, even though I wasn't able to buy her at the time.  I couldn't find her anywhere in stores, so I waited until I had some money and finally ordered her on the Target website.  They sent me the wrong doll set.  By this point, the Skipper/Chelsea set was now unavailable online, so we went to return the dolls in-store.  The woman who helped us was so nice and helpful.  She even called Target.com to see if she could figure out the problem.  Apparently they assigned the same DCPI to two completely different doll sets.  And this set still wasn't in the store, so I walked out without her (but with two new Stardolls--go figure).

Today, I got an email from TRU, saying that all Barbies and playsets (excluding Collector) were 50% off today and tomorrow.  I hadn't seen this Skipper at my usual TRU so my mom and I went across town.  We found her hidden behind some other dolls.  I basically dove for her even though there was no one else in the aisle who would have taken her.  Long story short, I got her for half the price I was paying at Target, so...$10 for both her and Chelsea.  I really like the Chelsea too because even though she's not articulated, her arms have a wider range of movement.

I also ended up picking the huge box set of Fashionistas with six dolls that's usually $70 for $35, so now I have more body donors than I know what to do with, but I knew I'd never get a price like that again.



Just showing off her articulation.  :)

I'll try to get more pictures of her tomorrow in better light and hope to have a profile up for her character Annabelle soon (since she's replacing my former brunette Skipper).

Still haven't gotten around to finishing a photo story.  I keep getting distracted and starting new projects.  But eventually... :)

Hope all is well with you guys!

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you evauntually did get her! Loving the fact they made her articulated and can't wait to see Annabelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited since I'd simply wanted to SEE her for well over a month now. It was definitely her articulation that sold her! :)

      Delete
  2. Its great after all the problems you got ur articulated Skipper! A huge box set with 6 fashionista dolls for only 35 dollars is a best deal I have ever seen! Me and my mom also go doll shopping and its a lot of fun :) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was definitely a great price! Shopping with my mom is one of my favorite things. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting Skipper and your other great purchases. Now! I have to make TRU apart of my errand running today. Lol! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I absolutely had to share since 50% is such a great deal no matter what you're looking for! Good luck! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Allura!:)
    CONGRATZ dear for getting Skipper,she is so pretty.She is not available in my country yet.
    I remember my only Skipper from my childhood, your articulated is awesome,I look forward to see her more in your future posts!:):D Keep in touch,dear.And keep clicking,I love your photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skipper has a special place in my heart. Pajama Fun Skipper was one of my favorite dolls when I was younger and one of the few dolls that actually made it with me to adulthood. :)
      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Nice to see you here in internet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Spain: I like Skipper. I also prefer the articulated dolls. Congratulations on your new purchase. I can't wait to see more photos. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really pleased to find her!

      Delete
  7. I laughed at the part about you diving to get the doll even though no one was around to compete with you for her. That sounds like something I would do.

    Congrats on your sucess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom literally backed up to get out of my way. I wasn't taking any chances! xD
      Thanks!

      Delete