10 February 2013

New Job = New Dolls

So I recently started working at a new job and this past Friday I received my first paycheck.  I also had a bit of money from selling my dead car.  Needless to say, I went all out this weekend when it came to buying dolls, since I've had to be super good over the past few months.  My Saturday shopping spree was so exciting!


This first picture has a little bit of everything in it.  The reason Audrey and Sophie are there is because my new LIV house is going to them.  I figure since it's just the two of them they don't need much space, so Audrey will have a smaller house for them.  (She's also modeling the dress the Hayden doll came wearing.)  What was probably the most exciting part of the house was the fact that I didn't have to actually put up the sticker in the living room area and it will leave it more flexible for decorating.  The house came with the bed and a few more accessories.


The new Kara was actually the first purchase I made.  My Target only had one of each of them and she is by far my favorite, so she got to come home with me.  I'm pretty sure she's Annalise's older sister.


Kara is sitting at the new Disney Princess dining room set which I wanted from the moment I first saw promo pictures for it.  I don't think Audrey and Sophie will be keeping it.  It will probably go to Skipper's house.  I haven't decided yet.


One of the fashion packs I picked up.


I picked up this Ken for his outfits since Walmart had him on clearance for $10.


A closer view of the bed, dress, etc.


Toys R Us had their last LIV accessories on sale for 48 cents each, so I picked up two with suitcases and another.


This afternoon I stopped at Big Lots.  I saw one of the Couture Angels in a somewhat lousy box (not that it matters considering I take things out immediately) selling for $25.  But a few shelves down behind some other dolls they had another one with a decent box for $15.  I love her to pieces and am already figuring out who she is.  The halo was taken off on the ride home since she's not going to stay an angel.  I'm debating taking the wings off to make that a regular gown.

I've also ordered some things online so I have that to look forward to.  I'm so excited!!!  :)

11 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's always exciting when you have enough money to splurge on dolly stuff. That Liv house is tempting me so much right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn't have bought it, but I figured why not. I love it so much more than I ever expected!

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain, nice purchases. O have the same LIV's house. I really like. I love couture angels. I can not wait to see your new purchases. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There's something I just really love about that house.

      Delete
  3. congratulations on your new job. è good qu buy what we like with our money. I loved your black barbie. kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Kara too. I was so excited to get her.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new job and treats for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new job and I hope you enjoy your new goodies.
    What Kara doll is she? I already have I Kara but she is absolutely to die for gorgeous! I must add her to my African Beauties collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely not a crime to have more than one Kara. :) She's from the new Baby Phat line where each of the girls is fully articulated. She's definitely a keeper.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your new job and all your new dolly purchases. :) The liv house is fabulous, I adore Audrey's dress and the Disney dining set is too cute, really love the chairs.

    ReplyDelete