23 July 2013

Back to blogging...

I guess I'm somewhat notorious for disappearing by now.  It's been over three months this time.  It's not that I've been particularly busy or even uninspired.  It might be the fact that even with the a/c on my doll room feels likes it's a thousand degrees.  But whatever it is, I've not been a very good blogger.  But I've come back perhaps a little sooner than I intended just because I received a Liebster Award nomination today from the lovely Brini.

Brini was one of the first people who found me when I started my blog about a year and a half ago.  She's the one who introduced me to a number of my followers and I adore keeping up with her dolls, especially Mr. and Mrs. Dotson.  Seeing them in action never fails to make me smile.

Anyway, how this works is I'm supposed to answer some questions that she presented to me, nominate 5-10 people and then pose my own questions to those people.  I'm going to cop out a bit on this one.  I end up feeling a tad bit awkward singling people out and I wouldn't want to take the chance of leaving out someone who deserves it.  So I'll answer Brini's questions and then pose some of my own to anyone who's interested in answering.  :)


1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I started my blog almost a year after I started to really collect dolls.  I loved my dolls and wanted a way to share them with others and I'd seen the great things so many people were doing with their blogs and got inspired to do the same.

2.What drives you to want to express and share yourself in blogosphere.

I really love storytelling and being able to share my thoughts with the world.  

3. What skills do you want or have acquired that has made a big difference in your life?

Probably one of my most developed skills is my storytelling and my writing.  I can't imagine a world where I couldn't create and imagine whole scenarios.  My creativity moves me on a daily basis.  Even if I'm not physically writing, I'm constantly making stories in my head, trying out words and ideas.  I'd love to become a bit more disciplined in it though and make sure I actually get at least some of these thoughts down every day.  But outside of NaNoWriMo it doesn't happen often.

4. How have your followers enrich  your life?

I really love all the support.  Everyone on here is absolutely lovely.  You were all so welcoming and your continued response to my posts (even after I've disappeared for a while) never fails to make me smile.  I get so excited to hear from you and interact with you and look at your blogs.  You constantly inspire me to keep going.  You make collecting dolls and creating stories that much more fun.  So thank you!  :)

5. What are the pitfalls of maintaining a weekly blog and how do make sure to find the time?

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at posting weekly, considering I'll disappear for months on end without saying anything.  When I plan ahead and queue things, I'm usually more successful at keeping up with blogging.  But sometimes I'm preoccupied and kind of vanish.  It's something I'm still working on.

6. What is the best advise someone has giving you?

This isn't really advice given directly to me, but a saying I've heard of and on for a long time.  Stop dreaming and start believing.  I have faith in the power of dreams, especially the kind that drive us.  It's fantastic to have dreams, but sometimes we don't pursue them because of fear.  I've found that even if things don't work out the way you expect or hope, something better is bound to come along.  But sometimes you've just got to try and make your dreams a reality, even the small ones.  Now that I sound all philosophical...

7.  If you could do over one thing in your life, would you be happy with the result?

There's nothing major I would change.  Everything that's happened, good or bad, has taught me a lesson and made me more prepared for what's to come.  Some days there are decisions I regret and wish I could change, but when I truly think about it, I wouldn't be who I was if I hadn't made those decisions and learned the lessons I did.  So maybe I've become stronger even through my poorer choices.

8. Beside your blog is what is or has become your other favorite pastime?

When I'm not at my computer and actually writing, I spend a lot of time plotting.  When work gets boring or stressful and I need to redirect my attention, that's what I do.  And it's literally a great pastime because it's not keeping me from what I'm actually supposed to be doing.  It's keeping me calm and content.

9. How many people have you smiled and said thank you to?
Sometimes I don't think I smile enough at people.  I'm pretty reserved.  I'll smile during conversations and such.  I'm actually a pretty easy person to get to smile.  But it's rarely unprovoked which is something I need to work on because when people smile at me for seemingly no reason that's usually when it makes my day the most.  I say thank you as often as I can though because I want people to know what they do and how they are means a lot to me.

10. Would you agree that is not the journey that you enjoyed but the lesson you learned and if so what was the lesson?

I think the point of the journey in the first place is the lessons you learn and not just getting to the destination.  The lessons learned along the way build character even if they're tough ones.  So while I may not always enjoy the lessons at the time, I'm grateful for them and I'm better because of them.  I don't think there's just one lesson though.  I think there's so much to be learned.  I don't think it's possible to stop learning and growing.


Okay, so some questions of my own to anyone who feels like answering.
1.  What inspires you most when creating and/or collecting?
2.  If you could meet any person (living or dead), who would you choose and what would you say to them?
3.  Other than blogging and collecting, what do you like to do in your spare time?
4.  What was the last book you read and how did it make you feel?
5.  Who is the most important person in your life?
6.  What's your go-to method for coping with stress?
7.  What is your biggest dream in life?
8.  What can you not leave home without?
9.  Have you ever had a life changing or truly defining moment?
10.  What are some words to live by or your life philosophy?

Thank you so much for nominating me, Brini.  You've given me a much-needed push to help me start blogging again.

Hope all is well with my lovely followers.  I'll try not to be so long before posts next time.  ;)

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back to blogging. I can sympathize with you : sometime it's hard for me just to write a short post, and I can never seem to blog weekly. This seems like it can push me to blog more often too, so hopefully I can answer the questions one of these days. I can't wait to see what you've been up to with your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely hard to keep up with sometimes, but I'm glad to be back. I'd love to see you answer the questions if you're ever up for it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hola desde Mexico, felicidades por tu blog, recien te sigo como patymod_04 que es parte de mi correo, me gustaria que nos siguieramos mutuamente, mis blogs son unabarbiencasa.blogspot.com y masqueunabarbie.blogspot.com, hasta pronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course I'd love to follow you. :)

      Delete
  3. Great answers! (Brini nominated me too, so I'm just going to reply to your questions here... I took the same route, I hate singling people out... or I should say, I hate when these things happen and they single people out and I feel like I can't participate unless someone picks me, LOL!)

    Feel free to check my answers to Brini's questions out (and my questions as well, if you're interested) http://travelingtwig.blogspot.com

    1. What inspires you most when creating and/or collecting?

    Other people's creativity... if I see something on a blog somewhere that I just really love, or think is amazingly done, it motivates me to get off my duff and make/photograph something.

    2. If you could meet any person (living or dead), who would you choose and what would you say to them?

    I would choose Roald Dahl and I would say, "Tell me a story" LOL

    3. Other than blogging and collecting, what do you like to do in your spare time?

    Take photographs and read... I LOOOOVE to read... I have a book blog too, lol... I might be blog crazy.

    4. What was the last book you read and how did it make you feel?

    The last book I read was Neil Gaiman's new book, The Ocean At The End Of The Lane... and it was magical and amazing.

    5. Who is the most important person in your life?

    Me, of course :) but after that, my family and my fiance :)

    6. What's your go-to method for coping with stress?

    This is a bad one, actually... I buy stuff. I'm trying to craft instead... to use up some of my supplies and make money instead of spending it.

    7. What is your biggest dream in life?

    To write a children's book :)
    Or just a book in general.

    8. What can you not leave home without?

    A book and my phone and a doll.

    9. Have you ever had a life changing or truly defining moment?

    Yes... it came along with my sister's divorce and some revelations about her husband that caused said divorce... I think it shattered my whole family's perception of our abilities to judge a person and know them. It wasn't exactly a good life changing moment -_-

    10. What are some words to live by or your life philosophy?

    Stop looking at what other people are doing, and start doing things for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting answers! You are a girl after my own heart with all of the book-related answers. :)

      Delete
  4. welcome back and I missed you!

    ReplyDelete